Are you our new Business Development Manager for Norway?
Are you up for a big challenge, complex market conditions and products that really make a difference? Can you drive the demand and grow the need for ergonomic computer mice to the private and public sector in Norway?
At Contour Design, we are passionate about giving our customers a healthy office workplace, and we are seeking a strong Business Developer Manager to further increase awareness, influence decision makers and grow our Sales in Norway together with the Norwegian channel team. We are market leading within the industry.
Responsibilities & team
Contour Design sell our high end niche products via selected resellers, however we are keen on owning the relationship with the customers (private companies and public institutions) and other important stakeholders within the market, so we can evangelize prevention of office pain and drive the need for our products in the market.
Your overall goal is to ensure, that Contour Design becomes the companies' preferred choice when it comes to ergonomic computer mice. You will work with customers both directly and by utilizing our network of resellers to open the door and then grow the customer engagement. You enjoy building relationships with decisionmakers in the companies so they know, use and prefer Contour Design and they naturally see you as a sparring partner. Your everyday life will to a large extent be characterized by flexibility and that you structure and prioritize yourself. Your high energy and relevant network makes you busy with relevant customer meetings. Furthermore we enjoy to see you bringing new ideas on how to convince and sell out products, and develop the Norwegian market and prioritize where to get the biggest impact of your effort. This include developing a strategy for how to utilize recommenders (e.g. office ergonomic consultants and inhouse ergonomic experts), that often are huge fan of our products and great ambassadors.
You will both be part of a global team focussing on growing the end-customer engagement across Europe, and also part of a small Norwegian team where your colleagues also focus on selling to the resellers.
Your new tasks will among others include
- Find relevant, Mid to large size customers and built relationship with and convince decisionmakers on our offerings and benefits and hence sale of our products
- Build relationships with Reseller KAMs and grow customers together
- Develop the overall plan and strategy for what end-customers to target in Norway, including activation of recommenders and ambassadors
- Product training and presentation for new / existing customers
- Select and create value at selected fairs and use our free-trial programme and marketing activities as door opener
- Adapt ways to engage with relevant groups of stakeholders at ones, e.g. by hosting webinars or similar
What are we looking for?
- Strong sales mindset and large experience with sales growth techniques
- Strong knowledge and network in the Norwegian market and large insight into the decision making process in companies – both public and private
- Great skills within business development strategies and develop new ways to attack the market
- Effective and good at prioritizing the effort
- Minimum of 5 years experiences as a Key Account/ Sales Manager/ Business developer
- Experience working with IT or ergonomic resellers
- Structured, self-motivated, take ownership and a result oriented mindset
- Outgoing and a strong networker and collaborator
- Eager to travel to customer visits and fairs
- Natural interest in the latest technology and/or ergonomics and office health is a plus
- Ambitious and eager to take part in Contour Design’s exciting growth journey
- Located in Oslo area
About Contour Design
Contour Design produces and markets ergonomic computer devices and has been positioned as an industry leader since introducing its first ergonomic computer mouse. You might know some of our products like the RollerMouse and UniMouse and now our new SliderMouse, which have won awards for design and functionality over the years. Contour Designs products are well known in the Nordics where work health has been high on the agenda for years, and this trend now evolve in rest of Europe. For this reason, Contour Design develops a range of mouse solutions that accommodate most users’ needs for an ergonomically sound workstation, and our newest products are in a great, Nordic design and contain recycled plastic.
In 2021, Polaris Private Equity acquired a majority stake in Contour Design seeing the high growth potential, which we have now started realizing.
Contour Design combines the best of both worlds operating on a global scale, while remaining a small organization with a flat hierarchy. Today, we are around 120 people, present across North America and Europe (Sales & HQ), and Asia (Production). Our Group HQ is located in Copenhagen with strong collaboration with all of our local offices.
In Norway we have an office at Olaf Helsets vei 5, Oslo, however flexibility in terms of working from home.
Please submit your application and CV to Gitte Milling Groth, Head of Product Advisory and Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the position or Contour Design, please feel free to contact Gitte Milling Groth.
We will evaluate the applications continuously until the right candidate is found, so please send your application and CV as soon as possible.
All contact will be treated confidentially. Contour Design is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. They prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability (accessible work environment), or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within their organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Contour Design makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.